Frequently Asked Questions
We are often asked for advice on how to fix computers by people over the phone. The classic answer is literally to turn the machine off, wait 30 seconds and turn it back on again. Modern computers have complex self-repair systems built in and simply restarting the machine will fix most of peoples 'perceived' problems. If after trying this standard procedure for solving issues your computer still has issues, please call us and we can arrange for either a technician to remotely access your machine, or for an on site visit.
Other common questions we get asked include
- Do you fix home computers?No, we don't. We are not a 'break fix' computer shop who do quick repairs to domestic computers. We provide ongoing needed support to businesses to keep them running at optimal efficiency.
- Can you visit my office to fix my computer?Yes, we have a team of technicians who visit customers to fix and maintain their computer systems. Often, we can 'remote in' to computers to fix them both more quickly than waiting for a site visit and at an often lower cost.
- Do you fix Windows XP machines?We do know that there are still companies that have XP machines running due to software needs or peripherals that only work with XP, so for these customers we do offer a service to support them. If you are simply running XP to have money, then you probably aren't. With a modern, fast pc running Windows 10 your business will see an improvement in efficiency. We are not in the business to simply sell people 'boxes' but an old computer is like a blunt worn out saw, it needs to be replaced literally for one that will cut things better.
- Why wont my computer work?This might seem like a dumb question, but we do get people who call us up and without giving us any further information ask us why their computer isn't working. When you do call us up we will ask you a series of questions that will help us to understand the situation, similar to going to a doctor for a pain in your side. Once we understand the situation we will be better poised to offer help and advice.
- Do you fix printers?
We do offer a service to reinstall the software that makes printers work and in some cases we can fix the physical machines. However, in most cases the printer will need to be returned to the manufacturers repair centre to ensure it is fixed effectively. We can coordinate this for you, helping to reinstall the printer when it is returned.
- What about Tablets?As the technology used in business grows we have adapted our services to include all systems a company might be using in their offices. This includes computers, peripherals, printers, tablets, phone systems and any number of other integrated items.